We are at a critical time for the containment of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
As a necessary precaution to protect staff, volunteers and members, The Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank (CSHFB) will be shifting resources away from community programming and towards food distribution only starting Monday, March 16, 2020.
- The Community Pantry will offer pre-packed hampers.
- The Co-op will offer pre-packed hampers for the week of March 16th , the program will then be temporarily suspended.
- Mike’s Lunch, will continue to run. However, this program will transition from a seated meal service to a takeaway meal model.
- Volunteers are asked to stay home.
All other programs and services at the CSHFB will be temporarily suspended until further notice. We will advertise any changes in our services on our website, on our social media accounts, our general voicemail, and at our 54 Ainslie St. S location.
To keep our workplace healthy throughout this period, our staff are following strict precautionary measures such as frequent hand washing, continually sterilizing our work environments, and social distancing.
In times like these, vulnerable community members need our support the most.
- To self-isolate yourself, you need adequate housing.
- To take a sick day, you need to know you’ll get to keep your job.
- To stockpile food and supplies, you need to be able to afford these essentials in the first place.
Thank you, as always, for standing with the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank. Now more than ever, we need your support.
-All of us at the Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank