During this pandemic things have been uncertain and changing daily but, one things has stayed the same,how generous this beautiful community is. We continue to see the support and dedication the community has to helping one another and it truly is amazing.
As an essential service we are continuously sanitizing and cleaning our facility to ensure our dedicated staff stay healthy.
We wanted to give a couple reminders on our operations at 54 Ainslie St. S.
- Our hours still remain Monday to Friday 12:00PM-4:30PM.
- Hampers are designed so you only need to come once a week.
- You do not need to provide any paperwork or identification. We ask your name and how many people are in your family.
- We will place your hamper on the tables located outside of our front door. You can pick up your hamper from the table, this allows everyone to stay at a safe distance.
- Tape has been placed on the sidewalk, use this as a guide to distance yourself.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a compromised immune system or feel uncomfortable going out in public, you may have someone pick up a hamper on your behalf.
- All programs remain suspended until further notice.
- Mike’s Lunch is still operating but as a come-and-go lunch.
Our annual Spring Food & Fund Drive is still running, with one slight change, we have gone virtual! With the current situation we are facing we are seeing an increase in demand at the CSHFB, making this Spring Food & Fund Drive that much more important! If you choose to donate food we ask that you drop the food off at your local grocery store. This allows us to limit the amount of people coming in to our building and limiting the contact we have with other people. If you prefer to donate through a monetary donation we except donations through Canada Helps. Canada Helps is an online platform that allows you to donate through the comfort of your own home. We also can accept monetary donations in the form of a cheque. Cheques can be made out to Cambridge Self-Help Food Bank and mailed to 54 Ainslie St. South, Cambridge ON. N1R3K3
Our volunteer program is still suspended at this time. However April 19-25th was National Volunteer Week and we did not forget about you. We weren’t able to celebrate our hardworking and dedicated volunteers like we normally do but we were thinking of you and we can’t wait for the day to see all of your smiling faces again! Without your outstanding commitment we would not be able to provide the programming that we do for the community!
For updates on the status of the CSHFB and the status of our programs, follow us on social media.
From everyone at the CSHFB we send our best wishes to you and those you love. Stay safe.