Easy Apple Crisp
Got Lots of Apples? Here’s Two Quick Ways to Use Them
- 1/3 Cup of Butter
- 4 Apples, Peeled, Cored, and Cut into Slices
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Cup of Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup of Flour
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- In a square baking dish, mix the apples, white sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, and brown sugar. Add the butter and mix thoroughly. Pour this mixture over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, until it’s bubbling. Let cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Easy Apple Sauce
- Peel, core, and roughly chop however many apples you want to use. Put them to a pot on the stovetop at medium heat.
- Add enough water to keep the apples from burning, maybe a cup, along with a few tbsp of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Bring to a low simmer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the apples are soft, then remove from heat.
- If you like a chunkier sauce, you can mash them with a potato masher. For a smoother apple sauce, pour them into a blender and puree. You may have to add a little more water to ensure it blends evenly. Enjoy!