15 years old with parental permission. Under 15 years with parental/guardian accompaniment, depending on the position.
- Volunteers will be asked to fill out an application form along with an oath of confidentiality. Resumes are welcomed but not required.
- All volunteers will also be asked to read a short brochure regarding AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and answer a short series of questions.
- All volunteers and placement students will meet with the Volunteer Manager for an interview. The Volunteer Coordinator will provide a Volunteer Manual for the new candidate to read over and keep for their reference.
- One on one training will take place with the staff supervisor to ensure volunteers understand their role, responsibilities and feel comfortable.
Yes, we welcome high school students who wish to earn their community service hours at the food bank
- All volunteers are thoroughly screened to reduce the potential risk of exposure to our staff, participants and other volunteers.
All volunteers will be required to:
- Sanitize as soon as they arrive
- Masks must be worn for entirely of shift
- Take and record their temperature
- Read and sign off on our Covid agreement.
Longer term volunteers can request a verbal or letter of reference from the Volunteer Manager with input from the staff supervisor.
Volunteers and placement students are expected to follow the policies and procedures of the Cambridge Food Bank. If a volunteer or student placement violates these policies and procedures, we will follow the guideline and process indicated in the Volunteer Manual.
Still Have Questions?
Please reach out to us and we will be happy to get you the information that you need.