A Delicious Warm Salad you can Make on the Grill or in the Oven
- 4 Cobs of Corn, shucked
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ½ Red Onion, peeled
- 2 Cups of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Canola or Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Bunch of Parsley or Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Drizzle the vegetables with 2 tbsp of oil and sprinkle with the chili flakes. If you’re grilling, heat the grill to medium. If you’re using the oven, set the broiler to low and put the corn on one sheet pan and the other vegetables on a second sheet pan.
- Grill the corn, or roast it under the broiler, for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and charred. Set aside to cool.
- Grill, or roast, the pepper, onion, and broccoli, again turning as needed, until they’re charred and cooked, another 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once the corn has cooled enough to work with cut the kernels off the cobs and add them to a large bowl. Remove the stem and the seeds from the pepper, then thinly slice it and the red onion. Add them and the broccoli to the large bowl.
- Zest the lime over the salad, then cut it in half and squeeze over the juice. Add a little more oil, if desired, as well as the salt, pepper and either parsley or cilantro. Mix thoroughly, then serve and enjoy!