A Bright and Flavourful Salad, Perfect with Your Next BBQ
Serves 6, as a side dish
- 4 Cups shredded Cabbage
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 Apple
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Lime
- ¼ Cup Canola or Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small bunch of fresh Cilantro or Parsley, optional
- Core, then thinly slice the bell pepper. Halve the cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds. Thinly slice the cucumber, then add to a large bowl, along with the pepper and the cabbage.
- Core the Apple, then cut into matchsticks. Add the Apple to the vegetables.
- Zest the lime directly over the bowl of vegetables, then juice it into a bowl or mason jar. Add the garlic, oil, mayonnaise, and mustard, as well as some salt and pepper, then whisk or shake to combine. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, then toss thoroughly to combine.
- Pick over fresh Cilantro or Parsley leaves, if using. Enjoy!